Just 50 years ago, homeless animals in Northern Colorado had nowhere to turn. Today – thanks to you – the vision shared by our organization’s founders has become a reality at NOCO Humane.
Together we’re providing world-class care to pets within our walls, as well as closely monitoring the situation outside of them. In so doing, we have discovered that after 50 years our community needs us in a new way: to help keep pets with families who love them.
We have seen a 30% increase in the number of pet owners needing to relinquish their pets from 2018-2019, accounting for a third of the animals that come through our doors overall. Veterinary care, behavioral challenges, and resource insecurity for pet food and supplies have become insurmountable barriers to owners experiencing even temporary hardship, and result in more owners needing to say “goodbye” to their beloved companions each day.
With your help, NOCO Humane has an opportunity to impact this need, and to alleviate burdens experienced by owners across our community. Through a handful of simple, collaborative steps, along with your partnership, we can make an important difference for pets and the people who love them.
Here are a few of the ways:
- By ensuring that pets receive the lifesaving vaccines they need to remain healthy, with the added benefit of keeping our community safe, through free or reduced-cost vaccine clinics.
- By coordinating reduced-cost spay and neuter surgeries, and assisting with other simple medical interventions, preventing unwanted litters and helping existing pets to remain with their loving owners.
- By providing behavioral support – either to prevent surrender of an existing pet, or to set newly-adopted pets up for the best chance at success in their homes.
- By helping owners, who may be struggling with resources, with pet food and supplies to help bridge a challenging time.
- By standing ready when disaster strikes – rescuing animals from behind evacuation lines, providing housing and care when they’re displaced from their owners, and assisting with emergency supply needs.
If you, too, believe that pets and their people are better together, make a difference today. We invite you to be the voice for treasured pets by assisting their loving owners with options when it feels like none remain. Certainly, we understand that for some families, keeping their pets in their homes is not a reality. In those cases, our doors remain open and our arms outstretched to any animal in need, providing compassionate care and helping them to find a second chance.
Join us in today through a contribution to our Better Together campaign. Supporters at $500+ will join our Golden Paw Society, receiving special recognition in our commemorative 50th Anniversary magazine, a golden paw pin, and a gold tribute tag – engraved with your name or that of a treasured companion – placed in our adoption lobby.
Thank you for your confidence in this work and for your commitment to the animals and people across our community. Together we can help ensure pets and their people remain Better Together.